Tuesday, May 22, 2007

S-U-C-C-E-S-S That's the way we spell success!


Ok, so it's not a song. It's a cheer. Heck 10 years of cheerleading, I am not surprised I remember most of the cheers.

Onward. Went to the Doc for a follow up yesterday. With the numbers being the way they are, he could actually say surgery was a SUCCESS!!!!!

My PTH after surgery was 33 and my Calcium 8.2. Follow up calcium yesterday was 9.0. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

They gave me copies of all the operative and pathology reports. YUCK. It sounds so nasty when you read it. He sent 4 things to path, in laymans terms it was parathyroid tissue from both sides, a few lymph nodes and a little thymus thrown in. LOL. I didn't know what thymus was until I looked it up. It produces hormones which help run your immune system. Hope they left some in me. :(

I am feeling good. Still tired but not tired like I was when I was hyperparathyroid so that's a good sign. Scar looks GREAT.

Photo attached!

No comments: